HELLO! ...AND WELCOME TO MY LITTLE SPOT IN THE UNIVERSE. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING MORE ABOUT YOU AND THE VISION YOU HAVE FOR OUR SESSION TOGETHER. BUT FIRST, LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE ABOUT ME...
I've secretly wanted to be a photographer since about the 9th grade; back when I took a photography class in high school. But after we moved to a small town a year later, things took a hiatus. Fast forward twenty years. Yes. I said TWENTY (no judgement people, I'm a late bloomer). Well, I was knocking on my 40 year old door thinking "Man, if I don't do it before I'm 40, I'll never do it!" So started my journey into making this little dream of mine into a career. After a year of studying and shooting, studying and shooting (rinse, repeat), I opened my doors in 2016. And I have to say, 2016 was REALLY good to me!
And you know who else was really good to me? All my friends and FAMILY!
Speaking of family, I have the MOST amazing Husband that is remarkably supportive of my ambitions. And even though my self doubt caused some eye rolling at times, he ALWAYS continued to believe in me...even when I didn't. And did I mention I have 2 ridiculously delightful and adorable children? Okay, I'm partial, but seriously...they are C.U.T.E. If you visit my Instagram page, you'll see what I'm talkin' about!! (shameless plug, but yeah, link is below...so go follow!).
During my shoots, I look for and ADORE natural moments. The more candid and easy going, the better! I know getting ready for pictures is no walk in the park. You may have littles with you. You feel fat. You have a cold sore...the list goes on, right?! But the more you can leave the anxieties at the door, the better your images will be. If the kids are being nuts, don't let it frustrate you too much, or you'll look unhappy in the photos. Or worse, they will. A quick snap can show the best moments of joy that you will look back on in 20 years and relive those times in your life again and again.
MOMENTS ARE FLEETING. LET ME CAPTURE A FEW OF YOURS FROM YOUR LITTLE SPOT IN THE UNIVERSE.
FIVE FUN FACTS (BECAUSE THESE LISTS ARE...WELL...FUN!)
1) I can move my pinkie toes without moving any of the others, and I'll show you if you ask. But beware...I don't always have those piggies cut and painted. It can be a freak show down there.
2) I did a stage dive in Deep Ellum once. Alas, no one caught me. But I jumped up, threw my hands in the air and screamed a rebel yell like a champ!
3) Before I started my photography business, I dabbled in hotel sales, real estate and bar/restaurant management.
4) Even though I put on my big girl britches and do it, I'm petrified of flying. I mean, you're sitting in a chair... in the air! Hello!
5) The jury was out a few times, but final verdict is in ...Jesus is definitely my homeboy.
PHOTO CREDIT: Melanie Applegate Photography